Monday, August 15, 2011

Hada Labo hyaluronic acid moisturizing lotion review (light)



Read on for bouncy skin!!


Today's product review is Hada Labo 's best-selling hyaluronic acid moisturizing lotion! or in western countries, this would be considered a toner, both are the same and is used after you have cleansed your face.

This is the one with the tag '1 bottle sold every 4 seconds' wow! or 'one drop locks up an ocean' .. ok the second one is a VERY bold claim.

I was very curious about this product. I have never used an entire skincare line from the asian market, other than using BB creams religiously. I have read very good reviews on this lotion which led me to discovering Hada Labo's cleansers, serums and moisturizers. I might as well trial them all together to experience any real benefit.

This is called a lotion which western brands would call this a toner. It's the same thing to supplement the second stage after cleansing.

It's packed with hyaluronic acid and super hyaluronic acid. This stuff is amazing in keeping your skin soft and hydrated! Pat pat pat!! Directions of use will be explained below (quiet fun!!).


Packaging:

Simple frosted bottle with the usual Hada Labo packaging in only japanese writing. Flip top lid and a hole to let the product out. You have to be careful not to spill it because there isn't anything else to prevent accidents if this tips over :(

Ingredients: (original lotion)
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Disodium Succinate, Methlyparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

How to apply:
Usually with a toner you would use a cotton pad to soak up the product, which you will then swipe all over your face. You are left with that feeling like something is evaporating off your face, and your skin feels so squeaky clean!

But nooo not this one! This is a clear liquid that feels somewhat thick but very slippery. In the commercials for this lotion, you see a woman happily patting/light slapping her face and you somehow see her skin stick to her palms. I've never seen skin look so bouncy haha! and it DOES just THAT.. You apply 2-3 drops and spread it all over your palms quickly, and yes quickly pat this around your face because this dries pretty fast. You press your entire hand, changing on different parts of your face and keep this patting motion till the product feels sticky. After a minute or so (30 secs for me since I bought the light version) the stickyness has disappeared and voila you are done! No cotton pad needed. :)

This product requires a bit more attention than regular toners. If you are willing to sacrifice a few minutes for this every morning and evening, I think it's well worth it. I think I enjoy this new technique, patting the face is also a light massage, and also helps improve circulation.


My verdict:
I bought the light version because my skin tends to get oily during the day. I have used this for a good few weeks twice a day and It has really helped with the moisture levels and oil control throughout the whole day. I am less oily now and my skin feels sooooooooo soft after this. You can't even feel the lotion was there. It magically absorbs leaving no residue or tightness. I've skipped using a moisturiser a few time's because I didn't think I needed it, plus it's winter right now so that must be saying a lot. So, one drop locks up an ocean? Hmm not quiet, but I can see where they are going with this.. and I agree!!






No comments:

Post a Comment